Holiday in Germany - Familyhotel
The Franconian city of Forchheim
In transit or stay a while?
Are you in transit to the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary or Austria and do you (and your children) think you've travelled enough for one day? After all you've spent quite some time on the road and it's time to strech your legs, take some rest and have something to eat. Then a short stay in Forchheim or a weekend at the familyhotel Roter Ochs in Forchheim is just perfect for you.
Also, if you have more time on your hands and you want to stay longer here, a weekend or several days, a stay her is highly recommended. Forchheim has so much to offer.
Rest and recreation
If you like peace and quiet and you still want to have an active holiday, in the surroundings of Forchheim one can find all he or she likes. From the Aischgrund where you can fish for carp (remember your fishingpermit!). By the way... did you ever eat carp? very tasty and so, we recommend it.
Annafest - Going out
- Annafeast, lasting ten days, for hundreds of years on Anna-day on July 26th, one celebrates the Annafest. There's a ferriswheel, a merry-go-round, modern attractions like breakdancing and a waterslide. There's a lot to see and hear. Several bands performing. For the hungry people there are the snacks like herring, bratwurst, fries and much more. The ones who get thirsty are not left out!
- Sharp weeks - Horseradish. Each year in October are the "Sharp weeks". This means that each gourmet chef who participates, serves at least three dishes with horseradish. Of course horseradish blends well with meat and fish (special: carp and trout).
- A nice movie for your relaxation is also fun. The prices are very low: they vary from EUR 4,- to EUR 5,25. The cinemas in Forchheim even have special seat raisers for the smallest people among us. After the movie you can talk on in the Kinocafé while having a drink or something to eat.
- The various restaurants in Forchheim and surroundings (Greek, Italian, Chinese, fishrestaurants, the Franconian kitchen) have an excellent menu.
- If after a walk you are in need of some rest, you could enjoy a drink on one of the many outdoor cafés.